We, Malama Umoyo, offer quality accommodation plus supporting facilities.
You, our guests are in full control.
We offer two spacious bush camp style cottages and a separate fully equipped kitchen.
The cottages are built with high quality local materials and offer clean luxury accommodation for two to four/five people with comfortable beds, 100% cotton bedding, walk-in mosquito nets, western toilet, shower, good solar lights, solar chargers, private verandah and outside chairs and hammocks.
You can describe the cottages as: cozy, romantic, practical and luxurious. Adjacent to the cottages you find the thatched bush kitchen with freezer (optional) and ‘braai-stand’ (BBQ). Right at the edge of the raised river bank there is a thatched shady summer hut with hammock and deck chairs overlooking the National Park and the Luangwa River. Perfect to relax.
Cottage 1. “Adam”
Cottage 2. “Eve”
Eve …. seen from the top. (Adam and Eve are ‘mirrored’)
The Kitchen. “Apple”
Summer Hut on the River bank
Malama Umoyo cottages on the banks of the Luangwa River (from left to right: Adam, Summer hut, kitchen, Eve)
The cottages (Adam and Eve) are identical, only mirrored.
Cottage Adam: One room with double bed (190×140), side room with two beds (90×190 each). Extra bed can be placed: 90×190. Maximum 5 guests.
Cottage Eve: One room with double bed (190×140), side room with two beds (90×200 each). Maximum 4 guests.
- Quality accommodation in true bush style
- Rooms with a ‘View”
- Luxury and comfort with nature at your doorstep
- First class bedding and walk-in mosquito nets
- Cooking facilities inside a fully equipped kitchen and BBQ facilities outside
- Comfortable deck chairs and hammock on the verandah and in the summer hut.
- Amazing views on the Luangwa river, rock walls, flood plains and Chindeni Hills
- Excellent private fishing spot right in front of the cottages
- Wildlife ranging from a daily abundance of hippo’s (24/7) to (rare but pretty regular) wild dog sightings
- Wildlife roaming freely in and around the premises
- Privacy and seclusion and guarded 24/7
- Solar borehole with crystal clear water, but we advise our guests to bring their own bottled water to drink
Please note, that Malama Umoyo cottages have no regular/grid electricity and we entirely depend on limited solar power, gas (for cooking and freezer) and also cooking on BBQ/Braai or on open fire!
Bookings are also welcome through: SafariNow.com, Booking.com, Tripadvisor, Holidays Lettings, AirBnB, Zambia Tourism Board.